CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

working through the day

My son quietly reads about prepositional phrases while my daughter finishes up the lawful codes -copying ideas from The Emperor Justinian. Today has been a decent day - as well as yesterday as well. today we did Teach Writing Class with my 10 year old and came back to complete school. We have taking a couple of outside classes, had a couple of playdates and have worked cohesively as a small unit. It helps me sometimes to see procrastination simply because the longer they take working on their own studies, the shorter time span between friends coming home off the bus. For two days, my kids have been at the bus stop with the neighborhood pals; saying good-bye. I am not sure how to handle this. Am I the only homeschooler that kids see the benefit of being apart of a greater public setting? It was nice to see that because the class sizes are growing exponentially, my husband was more in favor of his kids staying at home and receiving personal attention.

I also have to remember what school is all about. My son wants to take as many breaks during the day so he can plop himself on the couch and read....is this so bad?

the school day progresses around me as I have currently taken myself out of the equation. i need to jump back in.

0 comments: