CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Is Anybody Out There??

Some days, coffee is insufficient.

That is the beginning of my post and i am not sure what will follow in the transpiration of thought.

Monday, September 14 - the beginning of the week. I have decided to do an A week and a B week - that way, i feel as though we are getting through the hodgepodge of material; but at an agreeable pace. Again, my children meet me in the morning as vacuous beings and I am not sure how to handle such description. Are we all simply doing this for the other, but not involved beyond? I am not sure. It is the beginning of the school year and this is the time i am most judgemental. I read other's observations about kids and school buses and jumping for joy little ones are home instead of on a bus....I look at the bus and as i cock my head to the right, i think, "Hmm, that doesn't look half bad." I look to my left and see my two remaining at home, cocking their heads as well.

So, what does this mean?

My 10 year old reads - this has been said too many times. He leaves his 'school' post and flees to the couch with numerable reminders to come back to the table to 'learn.' My daughter sits and waits for direction - but is segmented in thought due to the interrupting flow of the day. The 10 year old rushes through work and grumbles at correction after requested appearance off the couch. The book is at the ready; and i can only assume, so is his mind.

So, what is in it for the 4 of us? What transpiring event will challenge our course? or, what shake up is needed to get us on track. The river is right next to us - splashing at our feet; and yet, somehow, we decidedly trudge on the banks, slowly making our way.

thanks for listening.

0 comments: